What will we be working on together? SEEDS camp leaders will be creating opportunities for you to focus on different current environmental and sustainability issues through a selection of workshops and activities online. One of our aims is to help create more environmentally aware consumers and travellers. During this camp participants can share their love for (and learn more about) global and local environmental topics such as climate change, waste management, sustainable solutions.
There will be two to three different sessions each day. As each of our camp leaders have focused on specific topics according to their knowledge and experiences, the sessions we offer can be arranged with the participants based on what they are more interested in and can include:
● Plant-based cooking & vegetarian baking classes
● DIY natural self-care or cleaning products tips
● DIY repurposing plastic bottles/used products workshops
● Everyday eco-friendly habits workshops
● Overall Iceland introduction and Iceland-related environmental issues workshops
● Presentations about the effects of tourism and slow-travel tips
● Presentations about the problems of fashion industry and clothes upcycling tips
● Presentations about climate change and how to face deniers
● Presentations about permaculture and urban agriculture
● Fun and interesting environmental quizzes and documentaries
Note that this project is a learning/sharing camp, so we encourage everyone to share their knowledge and participate actively in this learning process. We also encourage our participants to create and share presentations about their countries, as our leaders will do the same. This is a great way to meet new people from all over the world, so you can exchange ideas, experiences, language, music, recipes and much more with the other online volunteers, just as in a regular workcamp. Bring your own ideas and let’s be creative together!