This project is a volunteering team, supported by the European Solidarity Corps program of the European Union.
Compared to the usual workcamp participation scheme, some main financial and administrative
differences must be underlined:
- The participation to the ESC volunteering teams is subjects to several principles and conditions, presented on the ESC webpage: https://europa.eu/youth/solidarity/mission_en
- The volunteers do not have to pay any fee (not sending, nor participation fee) to attend the project
- The volunteers will receive pocket money, calculated on basis of 4€/day, once they arrive on the project in Belgium
- The volunteers will receive a financial support for their travel, according to a maximum amount established in accordance with their travel distance
- The volunteers will have to send us their travel details 4 weeks before the beginning of the project as a confirmation of their participation
- The volunteers need to register on the European Solidarity Corps Portal; CBB will organize their matching on the online system with the volunteering project
- The volunteers will have to complete a participation report, submitted online by the ESC portal
We warn the volunteers that the consumption of alcohol is strictly forbidden inside the centre.
The volunteers are required to have basic knowledge of French.
Besides, it is necessary to have basic knowledge about group’s animation (songs, music, dance, plays…) and to be able to assume responsibility within a group. Be able to listen to others is very important there. This kind of workcamp is a very rich personal and human experience. It makes people aware of the complexity of certain social conditions related to the great inequalities on our planet.
In order to demonstrate this, we ask the candidate volunteers:
to send a short motivation letter
to answer our specific questionnaire (if you do not have it yet, please ask it to your sending organization)
to send us a criminal record
We will not confirm any placement request before the analysis of these documents.