Base on International community living, every work are coming by daily life. That is mean everything even generally is valuable in any case such as cleaning, repairing, building, teaching, learning.
Segregation works at Peace Village are;
Creative teaching English – Creative teaching is important to recognize, teaching does not need for specific quality of volunteer but creative is the one of yours.
Aims of creative teaching are giving the chance for people in the village or the place nearby have the opportunity to communicate with different language, touch difference culture, and believing.
Center construction – As we have the center, VSA Learning Home, now we also need a volunteer to set up the center as when they have spare time from main work. We are going to clean the accommodation and meeting area, and continue to build and paint the construction that the last volunteer did. There are villagers help and teach how to build. This is a good way to learn Thai way of the construct.
Relationship with the villager – The rest of time form your main work, important thing is to learn and share with the villager by visiting, talking and do activities with them. You will get rich experience by learning and sharing from each other.
Organic Farm – Learning how to produce our own non-chemical food and vegetable.
Logement et nourriture
The volunteer will stay with a local host family and VSA Learning Home.
• Nature environment, basic and simple.
• Mattress, pillow, and fan are provided.
• Thai toilet and bath.
• No food and drinks except water in the sleeping area for your care because some animals such as the mouses, ants, will come to share your food.
• Please keep clean and tidy.
Volunteers expect to eat Thai food. A local host family will prepare the food for the volunteer. For VSA Learning Home, the volunteers take a turn to cook Thai ingredient with the contribute of Thai volunteer.
There are many beautiful tourist attractions in Songkhla province. We would like to recommend the Hat Yai Municipality Park, Samila Beach, and Songkhla Old Town.
Hat Yai Municipality Park – The biggest public park in Hat Yai city where the local people come to take a relax. Moreover, there is a big Buddha on the top of the Ko Hong hill around the area of the public park. You can take the public car at the park to the hill. There you can see the beautiful view of Hat Yai city.
Samila Beach – The main beach of Songkhla province. There is full of history and storytelling about the Samila Beach and the small islands from the beach.
Songkhla Old Town – The original town of Songkhla can tell many stories in that period. You can visit, find some typical food and take the photo with the beautiful walls and buildings
You can find more information at:
MLTV1902 Peace Village – Songkhla has been creating in 2011 at Peace Village, everyone can come to learn in the main aim is learning by doing and international community Living. We can study about each country, nationalities, cultures, etc. in the class but in the real situation is not in the lesson where you can see how the difference of people even they are from the same city.
Peace Village is active at the rural area of Songkhla province, Southern of Thailand in the small village; the name “Ban Ton San” (Ban in Thai mean village). The main occupation is rubber plantation and most of the villagers are Buddhist.
Keywords to live at Peace Village;
• Slow Life/ Living Organic
• International Community Living
• Learning by Doing
• Cultural Diversity
Point de rendez-vous
VSA Learning Home, Songkhla, Thailand on the 1st of month
Respect culture, open mind, and love to learn and share
• Teaching clothes, every shirt needs to cover the shoulders, trousers for man and skirt for the woman, the skirt should cover your knees. Important! No camisole, tank top or shorts, you are a volunteer who respects the culture, not a real traveler.
• Brogue shoe or canvas shoes
• Medicine as you think necessary
• Mosquito repellant
• Cap or hat as Thai weather is hot.
• Your traditional music and costumes (CDs, ideas for games/ activities).
• Materials or sources (brochures, maps, souvenirs, pictures, flags, or handicrafts to introduce your country and culture).
• Toilet paper (you can buy at the local shop in the village)
• Sunglasses and sun-block cream