Living environment daily routine in general, that means everything from a small cleaning to construction work, building, repairing, anything can be valuable and also teaching and learning new things outside the classroom.
Segregation works at Peace Village are;
English as a Second Language (ESL) Creative teaching – Creative teaching could make learning more fun and easier to remember. Volunteers don't need to have a teaching certificate, only a will to build your creativity for teaching and make learning English more fun, most importantly for the student and for yourself.
The aims of creative teaching are to give opportunities for the villagers to learn and exchange the differences in culture, the languages and beliefs.
School Renovation – To rebuild and maintain the good living atmosphere and environment for students learning ground including; playground renovation, school building, planting, etc.
Relationship with the villagers – Apart from your free time, it considers a bonus learning experience, both for yourself and villagers, simply by sharing; giving them visits, stop by for a friendly chat, sharing stories or even join in activities with them. Sometimes, you could be surprised at how learning by doing in real life could give such wonderful surprise or even unexpected results simply by just doing.
Organic Farm – learning how to produce our own non – chemical food and vegetables.
Unterkunft und Verpflegung
The volunteer will stay at a local host family.
• Nature environment, basic and simple
• Mattresses, pillows, and fans are being provided by your host, so a sleeping bag is very important? (thin one) because you will sleep on the floor.
• Thai rural style toilet and bath.
• Hand washing for clothes.
• No food and drinks except drinking water in the accommodation area under your care because some uninvited guests such as a mouse, ants, will come to share your food.
• Please keep clean and tidy.
Volunteer expect to eat Thai food and take turn cooking with local volunteers.
Lage und Freizeit
There are many beautiful tourist attractions in Nakhon Ratchasima province. We would like to recommend Khao Yai National Park and Phimai Historical Park
Khao Yai National Park – It is the first national park in Thailand, comprising mixed forest, rainforest, and meadows. Sightseeing on Khao Yai is one of the interesting things to do in Nakhon Ratchasima. There are more than 3,000 kinds of flowers, 250 kinds of birds, and 67 kinds of mammals like elephants, tigers, gibbons, deer, and boars up there.
Phimai Historical Park – The beautiful historical castle is located in Pimai District, Nakhon Ratchasima
Wer organisiert das Projekt?
Peace Village 2 Korat or Nakorn Ratchasima (Korat is a nickname) has been created by VSA since 2015 to strengthen the community by international volunteers in term of intercultural learning and building motivation to communicate with foreigners by non-formal education in the community as well as school.
At Peace Village, everyone can come to learn in the main aim is learning by doing and international community living. We can study about each country, nationalities, cultures, etc. in the class, but in the real situation is not in the lesson where you can see how the difference of people even they are from the same city.
Peace Village is active at the rural area of Nakhon Ratchasima province, Northeast of Thailand (4 hours of Bangkok) in the small village; name “Ban Krok Luk” (Ban in Thai mean village). The main occupation is a farmer and most of the villagers are Buddhist.
Keywords to live at Peace Village;
• International community living
• Learning by doing
• Cultural diversity
SDGs in this camp
Goal 1 End poverty in all its forms everywhere
Goal 2 End hunger, achieve food security and improved nutrition and promote sustainable
Goal 3 Ensure healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages
Goal 4 Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning
opportunities for all
Goal 10 Reduce inequality within and among countries
Goal 11 Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
Goal 16 Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to
justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels
Goal 17 Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for
Mochit2 Bus Terminal, Bangkok In front of TienChai Air Company No.72 on the 3rd floor on 11 March at 2.00 p.m.
Respect culture, open mind, and love to learn and share.
• Teaching clothes, every shirt needs to cover shoulders, trousers for men and skirt for women, the skirt should cover your knees. Important! No vest, blue Jeans, or shorts while teaching.
• Farming working clothes.
• Brogue shoes or canvas shoes, no slippers when teaching. Sandals with socks can comply.
• Medicine as necessary
• Mosquito repellant
• Your traditional music, costumes, food and drink for the intercultural night (cooking and performance)
• Materials or sources (brochures, maps, souvenirs, pictures, flags, or handicrafts to introduce about your country and culture).
• Sunglasses and sun-block cream
• Toilet paper (you can buy it at the shop in the village)
• Any interesting materials such as CDs, ideas for games/activities for students.
• Motivation, good humor, and communication skills
• Raincoat or umbrella (during rainy season)