Accompanying the girls in their development towards independent and honest women with various activities supporting this development. The schedule of the work will be from Monday to Friday from 6 am to 8 am and from 3.30 pm to 9 pm, according to the school calendar.
1. Support and accompany the girls in their daily activities (waking them up and getting them ready for school etc.)
2. Support them with their school work
3. Help with extra-curricular activities inside as well as outside the house
4. Foster the development of values in the scope of all the activities organized for the girls.
5. There’s the possibility to do different kinds of activities with the girls and get involved with them personally.
Unterkunft und Verpflegung
The volunteers will be living in the project itself where they will have their own bedroom.
The food will be provided in the project.
Lage und Freizeit
The project is located in León in the state of Guanajuato.
Free time activities:
• Activities in the city of León and its surroundings.
• Visit of touristic cities in the state of Guanajuato like: San Miguel de Allende, Dolores Hidalgo or Guanajuato.
Wer organisiert das Projekt?
This institution was founded 1872 by the Father Pablo de Anda Padilla with the objective to protect and educate girls who have been abandoned or mistreated by their parents. It was the first refuge for girls in the city of León, which was back then called "Casa de la Misericordia" and later renamed "Asilo de San Vicente". Today, it is known by the name "Asilo Pablo Anda, A. C.".
Exclusively girls between 3-12 years live in the house. They are orphans, daughters of a single parent, of dispersed families, of parents who are not capable of taking care of them, or girls in situations endangering their physical and moral integrity as well as girls under the protection of welfare service.
OBJETICTIVES: Create an environment of harmony, peace and love which will allow and stimulate an integral development of the girls while being part of a family. Moreover, the girls will have the opportunity to get to know a different culture which will allow them to change the prospects of their lives.
The meeting point will be at the VIMEX office (Plaza de la República No. 51, 2º Floor, Office 2, México, D. F., C. P. 06030). IMPORTANT: THE VOLUNTEER WILL PAY HIS/HER BUS TICKET TO LEON FROM MEXICO-CITY.
The work will be directly with the girls so the volunteers should be patient, flexible, creative, tolerant, dynamic, responsible and willing to learn and develop new activities.
1. Positive attitude towards life and a positive work ethic
2. Ability to communicate easily
5. Ability to analyze situations and solve problems
7. High level of motivation
8. Leadership qualities
9. Willingness to work in teams