- Poultry farming(e.g., feeding chickens, collecting eggs daily, working in the egg-selection-facility)
- Sometimes required to help farming and housework
Unterkunft und Verpflegung
- Accommodation : A private room in the village dormitory
- Food : Provided meal twice a day. Basically villagers don’t eat the breakfast.
In case of volunteers, available for self-catering
Lage und Freizeit
Hwaseong City, Gyeonggi-do Province, Taking 1.5 hour from Seoul by bus.
Wer organisiert das Projekt?
Historically, and even now, human beings have been searching for the true definition of a peaceful, harmonious, and “happy life”. In pursuit of the answer to this question, a group of people gathered in 1984 in what is now Sanan Village, an idealistic community which follows the philosophy of an environment-friendly, non-possessive society. As of today, around 20 people reside within this communal village, and the residents are encouraged to pay more attention to the preservation and conservation of the environment while also freely sharing public resources. People in the village live together, work together and share together. The volunteer also need to follow their life style. Main income of the village is chicken farming. Those who are interested in a new and alternative way of living which is very different from a "normal and capitalized” life in Korea, may obtain some fresh ideas about their life through this program.
BetterWorld Office. 14:00
1) Essential qualification - No allergy to chicken and nuts
2) Preferred qualification - Open mind to learn from villagers and work