- Teaching some subjects to students in English: art, science, math etc.
- Participating classes with students: gardening, sewing etc.
- Joining outdoor activities with students: hiking or cycling
- Preparing and leading activities regarding on human rights, communication, democracy, critical thinking, and cultural exchange
* Teaching Information:
- The age of students: 6 to 15 years old
- The number of students: 20 to 30 students
* Working Hours: Monday to Friday (5-7 hours)
Unterkunft und Verpflegung
A Shared room in the school dormitory
* Food: Meals are prepared in school cafeteria
Lage und Freizeit
Terminal: Yeongcheon bus terminal
Wer organisiert das Projekt?
Project: Alternative school is an educational establishment with a curriculum and
methods that are non-traditional. These schools are more flexible in their
administration, which allows for a more variety in educational programs. They often
have curriculum elements that focus on improving students’ self-esteem, fostering
growth of individuality, and enhancing social skills. NAMUWA School has three
philosophies, uniqueness, relationship and creativity; Uniqueness to find out
oneself, relationship to acknowledge differences and creativity to be able to change
oneself. With these, the school strongly believes that education is not just
knowledge but helping students live happily with each other.
In addition, since the school prioritizes voluntary and practical experience, there are
diverse classes which can’t be found in other typical school such as gardening,
doing some exercises and ecology games. Therefore, the school expects
international volunteers who can deeply interact with students, encourage students
act spontaneously, bring creative teaching method and deliver the information of
various countries, cultures and languages. It will be a very unique experience to
volunteers who are interested in sharing your personal background/knowledge and
learning the unique education system.
BetterWorld Office. 14:00
* On 20 November 1989, the UN General Assembly adopted the convention on the Rights of the Child in order to emphasize the children right as any human being under the age of eighteen, unless the age of majority is attained earlier under national legislation. The 4 rights are "Survival rights, Development rights, Protection rights and Participation rights" Among these 4 rights, the volunteers would participate to have activities on "Participation rights" to let children know more about their own rights of global citizenship. The activities are mainly focusing on communication skills, critical thinking, and teamwork. Through OAT, you are able to gain more specific activities on this topic.
- Those who have teaching experience or are interested in teaching
- Those who are interested in teenagers and socialized with them.
- Those who are interested in human rights, group discussion, democracy or critical thinking
- Welcomed if you have any prior experience regarding human rights, group discussion, democracy or critical thinking