- Teaching English to primary and middle school students
- Making own cultural experience class
- Helping manual works
- Preparing and leading activities regarding on human rights, communication, democracy, critical thinking, and cultural exchange
* Teaching Information:
- Age of students: 8 to 16 years old
- Number of students: around 30 children
- The number of teachers: 2 to 3 teachers
* Working Hours: Monday to Friday (5-7 hours)
Unterkunft und Verpflegung
A separate house from the local children center
* Food: Meals are prepared by the host
Lage und Freizeit
* Terminal: Uiryeong bus terminal
Wer organisiert das Projekt?
Project: Local children center in Korea is the facility for the children welfare
services. The center provides children a shelter after the regular school and
educational/cultural opportunities as well. Most of children in rural area have
fewer opportunities to meet foreigners and get a high quality English education
compared to the urban area.
Also, although international marriage is quite common phenomenon in rural area,
local residents are lack of understanding of multi-culture. So the children are facing
discrimination in the school, cultural and linguistic difficulties. International
volunteers can give them chances to interact with foreigners and to understand
multi-culture. And English can be a tool to understand Korean local children and
interact with them. Especially in Sunshine Local Children center, there are many
children who need affection caused by the absence of parent and family matters.
BetterWorld Office. 14:00
* On 20 November 1989, the UN General Assembly adopted the convention on the Rights of the Child in order to emphasize the children right as any human being under the age of eighteen, unless the age of majority is attained earlier under national legislation. The 4 rights are "Survival rights, Development rights, Protection rights and Participation rights" Among these 4 rights, the volunteers would participate to have activities on "Participation rights" to let children know more about their own rights of global citizenship. The activities are mainly focusing on communication skills, critical thinking, and teamwork. Through OAT, you are able to gain more specific activities on this topic.
- Those who have teaching experience or are interested in teaching
- Those who are interested in kids and socialized with them
- Those who are interested in human rights, group discussion, democracy or critical thinking
- Welcomed if you have any prior experience regarding human rights, group discussion, democracy or critical thinking