- Teaching subjects to students in English: art, science, math etc.
- Participating classes with students: gardening, sewing etc.
- Joining outdoor activities with students: hiking or cycling
- Helping local communities by organizing classes
- Preparing and leading activities regarding human rights, communication, democracy, critical thinking, and cultural exchange
- The age of students: 6 to 15 years old
- The number of students: 20 to 30 students
- Class hour: 45 min a class
- Facilities: Projector, computer, internet are available in the class basically
- Supervisor: An English teacher, mainly communicating with foreign volunteers
Unterkunft und Verpflegung
Accommodation: A Shared room in the school dormitory
Food: Meals are prepared in school cafeteria
Lage und Freizeit
Location: Yeongcheon, Gyeongsangbuk-do
Free time: Weekends and national holidays
Wer organisiert das Projekt?
Project: Alternative school is an educational establishment with a curriculum and methods that are non-traditional. These schools are more flexible in their administration, which allows for a more variety in educational programs. They often have curriculum elements that focus on improving students’ self-esteem, fostering growth of individuality, and enhancing social skills. NAMUWA School has three philosophies, uniqueness, relationship and creativity; Uniqueness to find out oneself, relationship to acknowledge differences and creativity to be able to change oneself. With these, the school strongly believes that education is not just knowledge but helping students live happily with each other.
In addition, since the school prioritizes voluntary and practical experience of students, there are diverse classes which can’t be found in other typical school such as gardening, doing some exercises and ecology games. Therefore, the school expects international volunteers who can deeply interact with students, encourage students act spontaneously, bring creative teaching method and deliver the information of various countries, cultures and languages. Volunteers are asked to organize the program and run it for 3 months in the school and local community center for local youth.
It will be a very unique experience to volunteers who are interested in sharing your personal background/knowledge and learning the unique education system.
IWO office (The details will be given after the application is accepted)
- Interest in the education in English
- Creative and non-formal teaching method are welcomed
- Self-directed life management
- Respect the rules as a school teacher