- Teaching English to elementary school (7 to 13 years old) and junior high school (13 to 16 years old) students together with Meisei University students.
- Participate in lectures/workshops organized by Meisei University students and learn about
Japanese culture, language.
Unterkunft und Verpflegung
- Volunteers stay at share house
Facilities: Bedding is provided, toilet, bathroom with a bathtub, laundry machine, wi-fi.
Meals are provided. Vegetarian is accepted but can’t accept individual requests (food allergy
and other restrictions).
Lage und Freizeit
Hino city is located in the western part of Tokyo. It will take less than one hour to get to the
central Tokyo. Meisei University is surrounded with woods in a peaceful and relaxing a
tmosphere making you feel like taking a deep breath. You can hear cicadas singing in summer.
In addition to the great nature, Hino has shrines and temples. You can enjoy there too.
Volunteers are recommended to prepare at least 5,000 JPY for leisure.
An average allowance a volunteer prepares on their own are about 30,000 JPY because
everything is expensive in Tokyo.
Wer organisiert das Projekt?
Meisei University’s Summer School Project offers free English lessons to elementary and junior
high school students (aged from 6 to 15) in the local community. Meisei University students who
are majoring in teaching license course run this project. Based on the theoretical assumption, students try to put a priority on activity-based teaching rather than the traditional cramming style teaching. A philosophy is that English teaching and learning are purely fun, and their goal is to develop communication skill in English. CIEE Japan has started this IVS since 2005 and it has
always been the most popular program which all positions become full soon after the application starts. We carefully select candidates according to their motivations and experiences.
Meisei Summer School Project（MSSP）
-Smoking and drinking are NOT ALLOWED during the workcamp. Even if you are old enough,
smoking and drinking are strictly prohibited in the facility of university.
-Prepare a presentation of your home country to introduce your home country and meal.
-Should bring: Sports shoes, indoor shoes, swim wear, beach sandals, a hat or a cap, medicine
- Please pay attention on what you wear when you work as a volunteer. Short skirt, short pants, sleeveless shirt, and other clothes which are too tight, transparent, too short, showing your
underwear or private body are NOT ALLOWED.
- Active attitude to interaction with children.
- Interests and understanding of Japanese culture and social manner.
- Must submit a motivation letter or description of motivation in the application form.
Please include your self-introduction, interests on the project, experience, motivation in English
or Japanese (if possible).
- Submit a confirmation slip (Travel information) online after your application is accepted by