as facilitator organizing English class with fun
and interactive atmosphere through games, play date, song, story telling and co-partner on
English conversation to stimulate children to speak English and interaction to multi cultural
• Volunteer will support urban farming project ; hydroponic, aquaponic, fishery class.
Agriculture skill set is a plus.
• Volunteer will interact with children during break time, play together at field or playground
and encourage them to speak English and learning intercultural understanding
• Volunteer will support Library team helping children who want to borrow book or organizing
small discussion with children about some books
• Volunteer might also conduct Fun Experiment corner (Physic, chemistry, math, etc) to
motivate children learning science.
• Volunteer will support project based Learning celebration and school events togethers with
facilitators/teachers such as Market Day, Language Fair, Science Fair, Indonesian Cultural
• Volunteer will share their experience on volunteering to children on socio-preneur class,
involve and motivate them to conduct social service project.
• Volunteer with outdoor activity skill set have chance to assist facilitators/ teachers to
organized outbound activity (once a week) for children
Logement et nourriture
Volunteer will stay at his/her host family with shared toilet and bathroom. Simple bedroom is
provided, sleeping bag and mattress needed. Host family will provide simple daily meal. Volunteers
are allowed to have activity with his/hest host family during leasure time.
SAI CIpedak is located at Cipedak District, Southern Jakarta, DKI Jakarta Province. Jakarta is capital
city of Indonesia, where multicultural people are gather with a lot of attraction venue. During Leisure
time volunteers can visit Situ Babakan where BETAWI traditional heritage is located, Primate
conservation center at Ragunan Zoo, Taman Mini Indonesia Indah, Monas Monuments, Museums
and others attraction.
Sekolah Alam Indonesia or well known as SAI is the first Sekolah Alam in Indonesia. Established in
1998, started with 8 students and 6 Facilitators/ teachers. SAI brought new education concepts in
Indonesia, where children are unique and should be develop based on their strength, not generalized
to one standardization. As its name, Sekolah Alam Indonesia (Indonesia School of Nature) is nature
based, which mean children can learn as much as possible by exploring nature and their environment
to gain experience learning. Thus, most of their time spent in outdoor class (60%) compare to indoor
(40%). Moreover, its classroom also quite unique and different compare to ordinary schools, where
it is built windowless, door less and from wood, no concrete walls and fancy air conditioner found in
their class. One of its identity is Community based school, where parents as community is actively
involved on education process and they are part of three partied stakeholder ( Foundation, Teachers,
Having Moslem community background, this school rely to Qur'an and Hadist, as education
foundation which represent to their Vision and Mission. With its vision as Global center of excellence
in education, SAI has mission to develop leading generation with noble character through real life
experience within community. All education in SAI based on its core Value which are IMAN (Integrity
– Maturing -Accountability – Nature Savvy) and IHSAN (Influential – Humble – Sociopreneurial – Agile
International Voluntary Service are welcome to support on our education to achieving those goals.
Point de rendez-vous
IIWC Office at PKBI building/ white blue building. ( IIWC Office is at Jalan Jembawan raya no.8/ IIWC office in the white blue building of PKBI at 1st floor ) at least 1 day before the camp start
Man or Woman with minimum 20 years old
• Able to speak English fluently
• Interest working and interaction with children & education activity
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic
• Interest and able to have outdoor activity
• Respect to local value & culture especially Moslem culture
• Dress up : casual politely, outdoor wear is recommended (Woman : long trousers, long or ¾
sleeve, no tang top & short pants),