• Volunteerwill build a positive atmosphere and make English easy & fun to learn or use in teacher interaction.
• Volunteer will organize an English club for teachers where the teacher is positioned as the subject of learning.
• Volunteer will collaborate with English teachers team as guest teachers, as well as interact with classroom teachers to support Project Based Learning programs in classes.
• Volunteer will interact with children during break time, and encourage them to speak English and learning intercultural understanding
• Volunteer will share their education experience in their country with facilitators/teachers. English class for teacher also can be organised after class or during weekly fasilitators/teachers sharing forum.
• Volunteer will support project based Learning celebration and school events togethers with facilitators/teachers such as Market Day, Language Fair, Science Fair, Indonesian Cultural Day,etc
Logement et nourriture
Volunteer will stay at his/her host family with shared toilet and bathroom. Simple bedroom is provided, You might need to bring sleeping bag and mattress for joining outdoor activity with children during project period. Host family will provide simple daily meal. Volunteers are allowed to have activity with his/hest host family during leasure time.
Depok its known as star fruit city,its also famous with Dian Al Mahri Mosque, also known as Golden Dome Mosque. During Leisure time volunteers can visit D’Kandang Farm, Kampung 99, and others attraction. Volunteer can go to Jakarta, capital city of Indonesia. It takes around 20 min by commuterliner (train). Volunteer also can go to Bogor by one day trip by train which takes around 1 hour.
Sekolah Alam Indonesia Studio Alam is located at JalanRaden Saleh, Studio Alam TVRI, Sukmajaya District in Depok City, West Java and well known as SAI Studal (stands for Studio Alam). SAI Studal is one of SAI Unit in West Java, which establish in 2012. It was initiated by SAI Teachers in Ciganjur who felt new education system which apply in SAI need to spread as much as possible to other area to gain more benefit for others. This school named by its location where border with TVRI’s (National Television) Nature studio, around 32 Ha area with Forestry ambience in center of Depok City.
Sekolah Alam Indonesia Studio Alamfounded on ex-fishing land, has an initial landscape of artificial fish ponds. With the spirit of human development, this school maintains the natural landscape as possible. Therefore, artificial ponds (as we call it as Empang) dominate the topography of this school. So almost all classrooms are built on the pond.Since this school is nature based, all the education activity most likely spent in outdoor compare in indoor, to give children chance to explore their nature and environment to gain experience learning. Boots, wet and mud are common for children and teachers in SAI Studal, since children freely explore the environment. Typical of building in SAI Studal is wooden class ( call as Saung) where it is built windowless and doorless.
Currently, Sekolah Alam Indonesia Studio Alamhas around 250 students, 45 teachers, 2 elementary school graduates, and a community of parents who really care about the quality of education.
International Voluntary Service are welcome to support on our education to achieving our goals.
• To encourage facilitators/teachers and children to break their English language barrier and to speak English
• To have experience on intercultural understanding
• To create interactive - fun–educative learning process for children
• To raise spirit of volunteerism on education support
Point de rendez-vous
Sekolah Alam Indonesia Studio Alam, Jl Raden Saleh (Studio Alam TVRI) No 78 X Sukmajaya, Depok,West Java, it takes around 1,5 hour from Soekarno Hatta Airport by Taxi cost around IDR 300K.
minimum duration 1 month
Male or Female with minimum 20 years old
• Able to speak English fluently
• Interest working and interaction with children & education activity
• Highly motivated and enthusiastic
• Interest and able to have outdoor activity
• Respect to local value & culture especially Moslem culture
• Dress up : casual politely, outdoor wear is recommended (Woman : long trousers, long or ¾ sleeve, no tight & transparent materials, no tang top & short pants),