We invite volunteers to give their support to the multiple tasks which will help the school to organize incredible summer camps.
The purpose is mainly the exchange between enthusiastic and motivated youngsters in order to share all together our experiences and wishes. There will be two types of tasks: farm work and renovation/construction.
During the workcamp, we wish the volunteers to share with us the everyday life of Clerheid School as well as the maintenance of the site, by performing the following tasks:
• Take care of the animals (2 horses, 2 donkeys, 2 goats, sheep and chickens),
• Prepare the fields, to fix the fences, and various farm works,
• Maintain the forest (wood collecting, pruning and storage) and of the 12 hectares of fields (haymaking, cutting “bad weed”…), to construct a dry stone wall, gardening,
• To prepare, maintain and renovate various installations, wooden construction…
Volunteers will also have the opportunity to visit and work in the Wooden Village which hosts every year hundreds of kids.
This enchanting place is the fruit of the work and imagination of generations of kids and activity leaders, and today it extends considerably (more than 20 huts over 2 hectares, a bridge, an amphitheatre, a fence...).
Tasks are fairly diversified so that there is something for every taste. The planning of activities will be developed progressively according to the progress of work, the weather, needs of the organisation and wishes of volunteers.
Logement et nourriture
Volunteers will live in a small cottage, with a kitchen, a bathroom and two bedrooms (2 x 4 beds), as well as in a dormitory with a bathroom. They will share those spaces with volunteers paking part of of Mid-Term project in Cleirheid. Volunteers may also sleep in tents or in a wooden hut of the Wooden Village during one weekend.
Please bring your sleeping bag.
Volunteers will either take their meals with groups during the camps or cook by themselves in the kitchen at their disposal in the cottage.
Clerheid School is located in a hamlet in the province of Luxembourg, in Wallonia, the French-speaking part of Belgium. The domain is located between 350 and 550 meters of altitude, away from major roads on a crest of the Ardennes. Cleirheid School is isolated and it is not reachable by public transports. The closest town, Marche-en-Famenne, is 30 minutes away by car.
Clerheid School is recognized by the French Community of Belgium as meeting and accommodation centre offering school camps and holidays camps for kids and teenagers. Most activities take place in the frame of a one-week camp.
Educational priorities of Clerheid School :
• To encourage wonderment, peace, respect of life and what allows life
• To stimulate solidarity learning and caring of each other
• To give priority to fulfilment and welcome every child, each youngster no matter their origin, philosophy, age, character
• To encourage a good understanding of freedom
• To raise consciousness about art, responsibility and initiative
• To be extra demanding about enthusiastic motivation of all
• To develop critical thinking skills
More information (FR) on http://www.ecoledeclerheid.com
Point de rendez-vous
Bomal train station
Train timetables on https://www.belgiantrain.be/en/
This workcamp is designed for nature lovers who are not afraid of outdoor work in an isolated place. Volunteers should be willing to interact with children as there will be camps and activities with kids organised during the workcamp. There will be very limited access to Internet and a phone in the office of the organisation.
In order to preserve conviviality and harmony within the groups, we wish the workcamp to be alcohol-free, as are all of our other activities.
A project-related motivation letter is required.